Request Accommodations for Spring Semester
Note for students requesting accommodation letters for spring semester: Due to the high volume of requests we are receiving, we will require five to seven business days to process your requests and have your letters ready for pick-up.
Accommodation letters must be requested by students each semester through Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Before you request your accommodation letters, make sure you read the instructions below on how to properly fill them out.
- After picking up your accommodation letters from SSD, make an appointment during each of your instructors’ office hours to deliver your letters and discuss your accommodation needs for each class.
- Discuss with your professors what your strengths and weaknesses are and how you think the accommodations will help you in the classroom. You do not have to disclose what your disability is. However, this disclosure often opens the door for professors to ask questions and for you to educate the professor about your particular disability.
- Make sure you sign each accommodation letter. The professor will keep the accommodation letter in a confidential file in their office.
- Sign and date the Accommodation Agreement form at the top. As you give each professor an accommodation letter, have him or her sign and date the form. After all professors have signed it, you should keep the form until the semester is completed in case there is a problem.
- If you have any questions or concerns, classes are not going well, or you have trouble with your accommodations, please contact an SSD coordinator to discuss your situation (firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-3788).
Now that you have read these instructions, fill out the Accommodation Letter Request Form.